WOMEN ARE CHANGING OUR WORLD FOR THE BETTER
There is a growing recognition that there can be no peace, security or sustainable economic development without women’s equal participation in all spheres of society. The following organizations are seeking new ideas on how to do that.
- Global Women's Leadership Network (GWLN) (Lead Partner)
- Global Fund for Women
- Global Leadership Advancement Center at San Jose State University
- Mills College
- Monterey Institute of International Studies
- Public Health Institute
- SJSU Salzburg Program at San Jose State University
- World Pulse
We believe this vision can be achieved in part by leveraging people and technology.
- We will convene an active, collaborative alliance of interested parties.
- We will build a web-based global platform that enables a broad range of women leaders to come together and interact.
- We will be a catalyst for the development of women leaders who can institute real changes in the lives of their communities around the world.
In May 2013, GWLN hosted a Brainstorm Challenge with its partners through crowdsourcing to seek innovative global solutions and generate new ideas on how to advance the development of leadership capacity in women and girls around the globe. We invited solvers to tell us how to:
- Build a platform that facilitates interactions among its users, includes a searchable database and directory of leading women’s empowerment organizations, functions as a repository of best practices, learning tools and case studies and makes possible the transmission of knowledge in an engaging virtual environment.
- Identify and recommend appropriate partners and sponsors, with particular emphasis on why they should be a part of the alliance. Provide full contact information for the partner or sponsor where available.
- Outline “lessons learned” and critical success factors from other models of large scale system change and provide examples which could be studied and emulated.
The Brainstorm Challenge is now closed. Thank you for sending us your ideas. We have selected two winners and four honorable mentions. The two winners each received a $500.00 USD cash prize for providing the best of the best ideas to the contest questions.
Read the winning entries and the final report to learn about the solvers and their ideas on how to accelerate the development of global women leaders to create a different future for women and girls worldwide.